Extreme sun rays are one of the major enemy to skin and hair. For this purpose we share some of the best hair care tips for summer season to make hair healthier and stronger.
Summer affects our hair. External factors typical of summer as the sun, salt, chlorine, humidity and wind damage our hair. Nitrate and prolonged sun exposure causes degradation of keratin, obstructs melanin production resulting hair color change and evaporation of moisture making hair strands very dry and prone to breaking.
Summer is a season when our skin and hair see severe punishment if not taken proper care. A few months in which we notice more rough, dry, with dullness in large part due to the effects of long hours in the sun. The chlorine destroys the natural fat layer of the hair, the salt dehydrates and ultra-violet rays curl and become rough cuticle.
Meanwhile, chlorine in pools is the most aggressive factor since it is used to remove bacteria from the water and directly affects the hair. In addition, sudden temperature changes due to air conditioners dry the hair leaving it dull and without any life. Hence here are some of the best hair care tips for summer that will keep it healthy and beautiful even in the most harsh weather.
Summer hair care tips
- Do not wash your hair every day. Hair own fat is essential for to keep it hydrated.
- Use the best products on hair. Use a shampoo a neutral pH and moisturizing conditioner, place it in the middle of your hair and at the tips, where it is most needed. Apply a mask, it is best after conditioning, you can leave about 15 minutes to allow penetration into the hair and act. There are also home keratin treatments that help replenish hair.
- Forget dryers, irons and tongs. Give free hair heat of these items will help to replenish faster.
Give your hair a break in summer. Let your hair air dry and do not use dryers or irons. In addition, you will look much more natural and beautiful hair.
- Mom Tips. Also avoid wet hair breaking with brushing it carefully, preferably with a brush with natural bristles.
- Cut necessary. If you bring Californian wicks, degraded or dye, it is very likely the sun has left your hair even worse. It is a good time to blunt hair or trim it a bit so that the dryness of the tips go and hair grow healthier.
- Professional treatment. If your hair seems in a very bad condition and if you have budget to pay for professional help, we recommend that you ask for hair restoration and nourishment, which aims to restore the quality of hair.
- Diet for hair. The food influences whole body, including hair; eating proteins such as egg, fish and vitamin B that is in nuts such as walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds and peanuts will be helpful to fix a very natural way. Diet with foods such as legumes, yogurt and green leafy vegetables, nuts and foods rich in zinc and iron as eggs or shellfish and oily fish will help you from within to get healthier hair because they strengthen the hair fiber and prevent your hair to fall out and break.
- Protect your hair from the sun. If you expose your hair to the sun, we recommend a specific sunscreen for your hair to avoid spoiling and drying your hair in the sun. In addition, we recommend using all kinds of hats, sun hats, scarves or caps for your beach and pool sessions. Similarly, you can protect your hair more if you pick you up in a bun or a ponytail.
- Provides extra moisture to your hair in summer. Hydration and nutrition of your hair, based on masks, shampoos or conditioners specific for this purpose, must be a constant routine throughout the year. However, during the summer months, we recommend using these products more often especially your hair after being exposed to sunlight or after a day at the beach or pool. There are many products you can find in your supermarket or beauty center designed to provide extra hydration and nutrition your hair.
- Before going to the pool or beach, apply a mask, hair oil or sunscreen for your hair. You can also opt for hairstyles take a scarf or cap to protect your hair from the sun and your skin and scalp from the sun.
- When you get home, wash with a protective shampoo and rinse it with cold water to stimulate circulation to the scalp and make it shiny. Do not forget the conditioner and apply a mask to repair the hair twice a week to repair the damage caused by the sun and other external agents such as wind, chlorine. Then dry it outdoors and do not abuse dryers and irons to not destroy the fiber with high temperatures.
Homemade masks to take care of hair
Summer days require additional nourishment and this you can provide with natural mask prepared at home. With eco ingredients like honey and hibiscus with cosmetics and relaxing exercises that stimulate blood circulation hair becomes strong and healthy. Treatment based on natural products helps hair to resist the aggressions of the summer returning all its elasticity, strength and shine that may have been missed. Here are some of the masks
- Treatment 1:
1 small egg
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Do it like this: Mix all ingredients and apply on your hair; let stand 15 minutes to half an hour, depending on how dry your hair are(never overdo this time). Rinse with warm water and wash your shampoo and conditioner head. Make it two times a week.
- Treatment 2:
Yogurt depending on the length of your hair.
3 tablespoons coconut oil
Juice of half a lemon
Do it like this: crushed avocado and add the remaining ingredients. Since you have a homogeneous mixture apply it on your wet hair, putting much effort into the tips and roots. Pick up your hair and leave on the mask for 30 minutes, rinse and wash as usual. Make it two times a week.
- Treatment 3:
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
Do it like this: Incorporates crushed bananas, aloe gel and olive oil. Apply the mixture from root to tip, leave on for 15 minutes and wash your hair as usual. Repeat once a week.
- Treatment 4:
1 tablespoon plain yogurt
3 tablespoons of henna powder
Juice of one lemon
Do it like this: Mix all ingredients together and apply gently massage the scalp. Let penetrate very well for 15-30 minutes and rinse well after this time. Use it once a week.
These were some of the best hair care tips for summer to keep it protected and beautiful. The natural mask also work great in nourishing the hair strands making it stronger.