Home > Hair Care > How to get rid of dandruff permanently naturally fast
Proper hair cleansing using shampoos and conditioning is the only fast way to get rid of dandruff permanently from hair. To naturally remove dandruff flakes and itchy scalp overnight you can try home remedies like lemon, vinegar, aloe vera, eggs and curd etc. These tips can be used by both men and women to eliminate dead skin and oils from hair making it clean and clear. This treatment may take time ranging from a day to one week, so patience is required.
The person with dandruff often have trouble adjusting socially because residues not only appear in combs and brushes but often are visible in the hairline or stay attached to clothing. Many a times the scalp is also stinging or itchy. Dandruff is a common scalp condition. People who have this condition constantly look at their shoulders to check for dandruff which is annoying. Generally it is caused due to oily skin, dry skin, not washing or brushing your hair regularly. It is even caused due to stress.
Wash and brush your hair A person should wash and brush his/her hair to keep it clean. Since dandruff is caused due to dead skin, brushing hair removes that dead skin, which in turn result in clear scalp. Brushing hair also helps to supply oils which are naturally produced to keep hair moisturized. You should wash your hair with anti dandruff shampoo twice a week and not on a daily basis because excessive use of anti dandruff shampoo may affect quality of hair due to its chemical nature.
Keep your hair moisturized
Lack of moisture makes hair dry, which is a major reason for oils and dandruff in hair. Use conditioners thrice a week to keep hair soft and moisturized. Also leave in conditioners are available that can be used. Remember that moisture is a precaution can prevent excessive dandruff in hair.
Use an anti-dandruff shampoo Use the best shampoo for clearing dandruff from hair and making it clean. An anti-dandruff shampoo has ingredients like Selenium-sulfide, Salicylic acid, zinc pyrithione, Ketoconazole etc. These are some ingredients you should look before buying a shampoo. Since these products are with chemicals, hence should be used just thrice a week to maintain the quality and health of hair.
Physical and mental health If you get adequate sleep, exercise daily and eat lots of fruits and vegetables than you'll remain healthy which means you'll have a nice immune system. So your hair will not suffer from dandruff. Stress is also a reason for dandruff in hair. Stress leads to an abnormal increase in oil producing hormones that make skin and hair oily. Hence, try to spend time on things that keeps you happy.
Hair massages to reduce dandruff Massage relaxes our mind, is a great exercise for our hair roots and also boosts blood circulation towards scalp. Use natural oils like coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil for hair massages. Add any natural oil to scalp and with your fingertips give a gentle massage to your scalp. This hair treatment will keep hair moist and stress away.
Home Remedies to get rid of dandruff naturally
- Lemon for clear hair. Lemon can be effectively used as a hair purifier eliminating dandruff, oils, and dirt, making your hair clean and clear. Take 2 lemons, extract its juice and add water to dilute the juice. The ratio of water with lemon should be double. Since lemon is acidic, it can lead to premature hair graying and hence add enough water to dilute it. Add this water to scalp and let it remain for 5 minutes. Wash your hair using a shampoo. This is a guaranteed treatment to permanently get rid of dandruff quickly in one day.
- Rinse your hair with vinegar. Like lemon, vinegar has super powers that helps to wipe out dandruff from hair. Take some vinegar according to your hair size and add equal water to it. Rinse your hair with this vinegar solution to quickly get relief from flakes in hair.
- Olive Oil treatment. In olive oil treatment you have to apply lukewarm olive oil on your scalp and rub your fingers in circular motion. Apply the oil at night and wash it with shampoo in the morning.
- Aloe vera gel for hair. Aloe gel extracts are being widely used in dandruff removing shampoos that help clean scalp. This gel provides a cool and calming sensation when massaged to scalp, thus keeping mind relaxed and stress away. Also antibacterial and antiviral nature of aloe vera helps to fight bacterial and fungal infections in hair. Remove the gel of aloe from its leaf and apply it directly to the hair. Keep it for 20 minutes and then rinse your hair. This is a natural and effective remedy to get rid of dandruff at home.
- Neem leaves for clear scalp. Neem contains natural oils and anti-septic properties that help to keep hair moisturized and treat itchy scalp and dead skin flakes. This treatment is widely used in Asian countries to remove lice, dandruff and irritation of the scalp. Make a paste of these leaves and add water to it. Rinse your hair with this water daily to get quick relief. Another way is to add neem leaves to boiling water for 30 minutes. Remove the leaves from water and allow it to cool. Use this cool water to rinse your hair.
- Coconut oil and lemon treatment. Take 1 tbsp of lemon and 5 tbsp of coconut oil and apply it to your scalp. Keep it for 20-30 minutes and then wash hair with your shampoo. This will make your hair clean, clear and soft.
- Honey and lemon. Honey and lemon treatment is a hair cleansing technique used for getting dandruff free hair. Add two spoons of lemon juice to 5 spoons of honey. Add water to this solution and wash your hair with this natural shampoo to get clean and moisturized hair.
- Egg and curd. Egg white is rich in proteins which helps in nourishing our hair and getting rid of weak hair and split ends. Mix egg white to curd and apply it to your hair. Keep it for 15 minutes and then wash your hair using a cold water to remove the dandruff from hair.
- Tea tree oil treatment. You can apply tea tree oil directly to your scalp so you could get dandruff free hair.
- Apple treatment. Mix 2tbsp of apple juice to honey and apply it to your hair for 5-10 minutes and then wash your hair.
Tips to keep hair dandruff free
- Avoid washing hair daily using shampoos to keep hair soft. Wash hair three times a week to keep hair dandruff free and oil free.
- Using good quality hair products is advised to keep hair away from chemicals. Wear swimming caps when you go into the pool to shield your hair against chlorine water.
- After trying every remedy if the dandruff still remains, then consult a dermatologist for expert advice. A specialist will provide you with certain medications and products that will help you to get rid of dandruff quickly.