A healthy hair care is the best way to get rid of itchy scalp quickly. Washing hair properly at home and providing enough nourishment will remove dry itchy flakes and dead skin from scalp keeping hair healthy. Naturally made home remedies using neem, vinegar, aloe vera, honey, olive oil can also soothe your itchy scalp.
Bad hair hygiene like not rinsing it in regular intervals and not moisturizing it is a basic cause for this scalp problem. The scalp may be itchy or dry due to a number of reasons such as lack of moisture, dandruff, sunburns, lice and fungal or bacterial infection. In case the hair is very itchy even after trying many remedies, than go to the dermatologist for getting the best cure. These remedies described are very powerful in getting rid of the itch and the treatments will definitely get you relief.
By nature the hair is one of the weapons of seduction for female. For this, there are dozens of products that help us to get healthy and nourished looking hair. However, there is a problem that strikes without warning: The dry frizzy hair. If you have dryness in hair you can follow any one of these treatments that suits you to make hair silky and soft.
- Dry you hair properly after every wash. It is really important to dry hair completely before going out to prevent evaporation and dirt build up in hair that causes irritation. Using hot blowers for drying hair can make them rough, hence lower the dryer temperature so that your hair remains soft. Following these precautions is important to get rid of dry hair which leads to itching.
- Comb your hair daily. Use a soft hair brush to comb your hair daily to spread the natural moisture to your scalp. Moisture will prevent your scalp from becoming rough and itchy. Remember to gently style hair 3 times a day to get healthy and strong hair.
- Use a good conditioner. Use a good conditioning product to provide moisture to hair and to keep them healthy. These conditioners contain extracts that nourishes our hair making it strong and dense. If your scalp is itchy you can try to condition hair to treat your problem quickly.
- Wash your hair thrice a week. Rough and dry scalp can be a reason for excessive dandruff and dirt present in hair. Use a good cleansing shampoo three to four times a week to remove all impurities from hair and making it clean and clear. Clear hair will prevent any kind of infections and thus help you to get rid of itchy hair scalp.
- Avoid using chemical hair products. Poor quality shampoos contain lots of detergents which remove moisture from hair. Dry and un-moisturized hair leads to dandruff and itching. Use appropriate product with a balancing PH that does not harm our hair and thus help you get rid of dry and itchy scalp.
- Sunburns on scalp. Avoid using hot water for washing your hair to prevent your skin from damage. Wear a cap or hat during afternoons to prevent sunburn on scalp. Burns due to sun and hot water can lead to inflammable scalp and make your hair worst.
- Lice in hair. Lice is also a major reason for itching in hair. Now there are many products available that can be used to kill these lice in hair and then comb your hair to remove these parasites. Close contact with a person having lice and poor hair care are the reasons for lice in hair.
- Vitamin e for hair. Massage your hair with vitamin E oils to keep it nourished and moisturized. Massages also help to improve blood circulation towards our scalp making it healthy. You can also have vitamin E supplements to keep your hair and skin moisturized and soft.
- Visit an expert. After trying everything if your itching does not goes visit a doctor to treat your infections and get rid of irritation in hair. Remember that after three or four days of severe itching if it is not cured than there can be a serious infections and hence visiting a specialist is important.
- Always be tension free. Stress produces hormones that degrade the quality of hair making it oily and weak. This makes your hair itchy and leads to irritation in our scalp. Exercising is the best practice to beat stress. Yoga and meditation are some other ways that helps you stay tension free and away from stress.
Get rid of itchy scalp naturally
- Washing hair with neem. Neem is anti-septic in nature plus it contains oils that cure itchy scalp naturally. Make a paste of these leaves and mix it water. Wash your hair with this anti-septic water to treat the infections in hair and make it healthy. You can also add neem leaves to hot water ad allow this water to cool. Wash your hair with this cool water to quickly fix your irritation in hair.
- Aloe vera leaf gel for healthy scalp. Like neem aloe plant is also anti-bacterial and anti-viral that has been used since ancient times to kill the lice and infections of skin. Massaging this gel to hair regularly helps to soothe the itching problem. Bradykinase in this gel provides a cooling and calming sensation that helps to release stress and get rid of dryness and irritation of scalp.
- Apple cider vinegar to soothe scalp. Wet your hair with water and apply vinegar to it. Keep it for 20 minutes and then wash it using a shampoo and conditioner. This will clear all your hair problems and get you soft and smooth hair naturally.
- Honey for treating itchy scalp. Mix honey and curd together and apply it to your hair for 15 minutes. This natural remedy is helpful to get rid of dry and rough scalp that lacks moisture. This method should be used thrice a week to quickly remove dirt and dandruff in hair.
- Oil treatment for hair. Every night before sleep apply coconut oil or olive oil to your hair. Anti-oxidants and vitamin E in these oils helps to soothe scalp making it healthy. Repeating this therapy everyday will quickly cure all your scalp problems.
Apart from all these home remedies you need to follow a proper hair care routine from washing hair, till drying and providing nourishment to prevent hair from becoming dry and itchy. After trying many remedies if your scalp is still itchy, then it is advised to consult a dermatologist to prevent the condition from becoming worse.