The best way to get rid of split ends fast at home is to atrim or cut 1 inch of your hair once a month until you remove your split ends. Prevention and proper hair care are the main keys in unlocking your hair problem. Naturally made home remedies are also very helpful in removing splits between hair, but they may take time. There is no proper cure for split-ends. But the simplest cure is to cut it and prevent it from happening. Cutting your hair once in 4-8 weeks is advisable.
When you lack a good hair care routine the result is the unwanted splits in the hair. There is no remedy that can fix this problem, hence cutting an inch of hair is the only choice. Lack of good nutrition, exposure to heat, improper cleansing and lack of moisture are some of the major reasons that lead to breaking of hair. The remedies described are not to treat the split ends, but for prevent further division of hair.
Steps for split ends prevention techniques
- Use lukewarm water for washing hair. This is will prevent hair from losing moisture and keeping it soft and in perfect condition. This is a helpful precaution for preventing the split ends in hair.
- Avoid rubbing towel to wet hair. This is one of the most common reasons for split ends among people having long hair. To prevent this, one must use a towel to soak the moisture from the hair. Just cover your hair with a towel for 15-20 minutes. Rubbing towel vigorously can lead to splitting of hair and in the worst case lead to hair loss.
- Avoid using high temperatures for drying hair. Hotness is the main enemy of our hair. Hot temperatures removes moisture, making hair dry and leads to splits in between. Instead, lower the hair dryer temperature to dry your hair and to keep it healthy and strong. Protection against the sun is also very important. Cover your hair with a cap or hat during sunny afternoons.
- Comb your hair when it is completely dry. I know that it is very easy for we girls to comb hair when it’s wet. You can style your hair in any manner easily. But did you know that wet hairs are weak and combing them can lead to breaks and cracks in them. Hence first completely dry your hair and then comb it. This is a helpful precaution for preventing split ends.
- Choose the right product. Avoid using cheap shampoos and conditioners for your hair. These products may contain harmful chemicals that can damage hair and lead to splits and loss. Use good hair bands that that are hair friendly and comfortable for wearing. Also use good combs with wide gaps between its tooth for styling hair. These combs will try to reduce hair splitting and breaking to a certain extent.
- Wear swimming cap before entering the pool. Pool water contains chlorine that leads to decoloring and drying of hair. Regular hair contact with this water can make it rough and lead to hair fall.
Tips to get rid of split ends fast
- Trim your hair : Trimming is the only way to get rid of split ends. It is advised to cut 1 inch of hair in a month to remove the splits in hair. Cut 1 inch of hair every month till you find your hair to be perfect. The longer you wait to trim, more splits will occur in your hair. Hence regular trimming is important for removing split ends. Now you need to follow the above precautions to get perfect hair.
- Condition your hair thrice a week for improving its health and making it stronger and longer. Apply a good brand conditioner, serums and shampoos for improving the quality of hair. Apply conditioners to hair and leave it for some time. Now wash it with cold or lukewarm water. This will help in keeping your hair soft and moisturized.
- Avoid using products that claim to treat your split ends. This hair condition can just be prevented and only trimming will help you to get rid of it. Hence avoid falling prey to such false claims.
- Home remedies are also very helpful for protecting hair from further splits. These natural ways help in keeping hair nourished and healthy. Natural remedies like honey, vinegar, aloe-vera, eggs, olive oil,almond oil etc. are helpful in providing nourishment to hair keep split ends away.
- Eat a healthy diet with proteins, anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals for recovering split ends quickly. A healthy diet helps in keeping hair healthy and strong.
Home remedies to remove split ends
Homemade recipes for hair care, especially split ends are effective because they are made with natural ingredients that offer the same active ingredients as the most industrialized cosmetics. These principles seal hair cuticles preventing lose water and always remain nourished, healthy and full of life.
- Daily massage, natural oils to your hair. Oils like olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil and jojoba oil are very helpful for moisturizing hair. These oils contain vitamins and anti-oxidants that help in making hair strong and less prone to breaking. And massages help to increase blood circulation to scalp. This is a perfect therapy for getting rid of many hair problems.
- Aloe vera again a very good natural product which is an anti-septic plus it has anti-oxidant and various extracts that are widely used for hair care. Extract the gel of aloe and apply this gel to hair. Let it rest on hair for 20 minutes and then wash it with warm water. Repeat this procedure twice a week and you will notice that your split ends are being reduced.
- Deep hair conditioning with honey also helps in repairing split ends and making hair soft and strong. Honey is considered as a natural humectant that help in repairing dry, rough and split hair. Add drops of water to honey to dilute it and apply it to the hair. Let honey work on hair for 20 minutes and then wash it using warm water.
- Applying eggs to hair is the best solution for reducing dandruff, splits and loss of hair. Egg is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Did you know that our hair is made up of 88 % keratin which is a protein. Applying eggs to hair can make them stronger and denser. Mix egg white to curd and apply it to your hair for reducing breaking of hair and for solving your various hair problems.
- A mixture of fenugreek leaves and yogurt hair pack is an excellent hair conditioner for reducing hair loss and splits ends. Make a paste of leaves and mix it with yogurt and now apply it to the hair.
- Treatment with papaya. Remove the rind and seeds from half a papaya, mash it well and add half a cup of plain yogurt. Apply the cream in your hair and leave on for half an hour.
- Treatment with avocado cream. Blend a whole avocado, peeled and bone, 1 tablespoon olive oil. Apply this mixture on the tip of your hair and leave on for 15 minutes.