The best way to exfoliate lips at home is by using a toothbrush for cleaning the dead skin cells and dirt to lighten the dark lips and make it look fair and pink. Natural home remedies like honey, sugar, baking soda, aloe vera gel, lemon, olive oil can also be used to scrub out the impurities and make lips beautiful.
Non exfoliated lips usually tend to appear dark due to settlement of the dead skin and dirt which reduces the facial beauty. So what are the tricks to turn my lips to pink? The answer is may be every week you exfoliate lips, but do you perform this task correctly. Read the step by step guide with different treatments to wash away the impurities and get fair lips.
- Many lip scrubs and cleansers are available in market, which are especially made for clearing impurities from lips. You can bring one of these scrubs and use it for exfoliating lips at home. These scrubs contain skin cleansing acids and enzymes that lightens dark lips and makes it pink.
- Sugar is one of the best natural product to exfoliate lips. Take some powdered sugar and add rose water to it. Rub this mixture gently to your lips with clean fingers for 5 minutes. This will remove all the impurities and dead cells making your lips soft and clean.
- Another remedy is to add olive oil and lemon to sugar and then repeat the same procedure as above.
- Honey can be used to deeply exfoliate and moisturize lips. Add drops of lemon to and little powdered sugar to warm honey. Now apply it to your lips and slowly start massaging. Citric acid in lemon acts as a bleach, scrubbing the dirt from lips and honey is used for both clearing and moisturizing lip skin. For people with dry and chapped lips it is advised to use only honey for exfoliating lips as lemon and sugar can lead to irritation.
- Select a toothbrush with soft bristles and dip it into the powdered sugar scrub. Slowly rub it over your lips for 5 minutes and see the change in the complexion of lips. Toothbrushes are very effective in clearing the deep stuck impurities and hence the result you get from it is better as compared to our finger that we use for scrubbing. If your lips are chapped or cracked avoid using this remedy as it can be painful.
- For people with chapped lips use vaseline or petroleum jelly to exfoliate your lips. Take one of these products and with your fingers rub it to lips with a soft hand. The main advantage of using vaseline or petroleum jelly is that they not only clean dead skin cells but also help to cure chapped lips. If your lips are not chapped use a toothbrush for better result.
- Just like the sugar remedy add water to baking soda and use it as a lip scrub. You can also add olive oil to baking soda and then start cleaning lips. Baking soda will flush away the dirt on lips making it look beautiful.
- You can also try to exfoliate lips with a wet piece of cloth. Take a soft piece of cloth and dip it in warm water. Now start massaging it to your lips in circular motion for 5 minutes. This will help to clear the dead cells and other pollutants lightening the lip tone.
- Use aloe vera gel as a natural scrub to clear dead skin from lips. Since aloe vera is antiseptic it can also be used to exfoliate chapped lips.
- Apply the aloe gel to your lips, rub it for 5 minutes and let it dry. After it dries use warm water to rinse your lips. All the impurities will stick to the aloe gel and will eventually be washed off.
- Oat meal scrub can be prepared by mixing olive oil to it. Apply it to your lips and massage it for 10 minutes. Let this mixture dry on lips and then you can wash it. This will make your lips clean, clear and soft.
- Rub tomato juice to lips for 10 minutes using a toothbrush. This juice contains acids and antioxidants that help lips to stay attractive and young.
Tips to take care while you exfoliate lips
- Never use toothbrush or hard cloth for cleaning chapped lips.
- After you finish scrubbing remember to provide moisture to lips.
- Never go rough when you are rubbing the scrub on lips.
- Exfoliate lips just once or twice a week.