Home > Lip Care > How to lighten dark lips naturally
One fast way to lighten dark lips naturally is by taking proper care and cleaning lips regularly. Exfoliate it once a week to get rid of darkness instantly and make them light and always keep lips moisturized as non moisturized lips looks dry and dark. Natural home remedies like honey, aloe vera, cucumbers, milk cream, lemon and natural oils are also helpful but it takes time. Quit smoking and eat fresh foods make lips fair.
Many men and women are in search for that magic treatment that can help them to get rid of darkness from their lips. Some of the major reasons for darkening of skin are excess contact to sun, smoking, excess caffeine through tea and coffee, lack of moisture and using chemical lip products. Before treating this problem first you need to find root of this problem and then start with the cures. There are few steps you need to follow everyday to turn your lip colour pink.
Clean your lips
Our lips should be clear from the dead skin cells and impurities. In order to clean our lips, exfoliating it is the best method. Regular cleaning will make dark lips fair and beautiful.
- Apply aloe-vera gel to your lips, massage it gently, let it dry and then wash it with warm water. You can also apply aloe-vera gel to your toothbrush and then rub gently to your lips. Tooth-brush will help to remove the dead cells, making it clean and giving it a lighter complexion.
- Pomegranate juice is also used to lighten the dark lips colour. Prepare a paste from pomegranate and mix it with milk and rose petals, now scrub it to lips and soon you may see the change in your lips complexion.
- Vegetables are also very helpful to make your lips pinkish. Paste of cucumber, carrot or beetroot could also be used to exfoliate lips. One common method of exfoliating lips is rubbing crushed sugar on it in a circular way to remove all lip impurities, giving beautiful glowing lips.
- Take lemon juice, add water and cucumber juice to it. Now rub this paste to lips for 5 minutes and then wash it with cold water. Remember to moisturize lips after every wash.
- Take an ice cube and rub it over your lips for some time. This will flourish the blood flow to lips make it look redder and fair. Ice also helps to clean dirt from lips making it fair.
- Now take a good moisturizing cream and apply it to the lips. Moisture will help to lighten dark lips and make it soft and smooth.
Massaging therapy is an old age and very effective therapy for brightening the complexion of dark lips. For better results, give a try to below listed products.
Buy a good brand lip balm to make your smile beautiful. Apply vaseline to lips. In case your lips are dry, rub vaseline before going to bed. This will completely moisturize you lips, keeping it hydrated throughout the night. Honey is also an excellent skin moisture. It helps skin to retain water to lips, thereby keeping it hydrated. Regular honey massage to lips will make it smooth and giving it a glowing effect. Cucumber slices can be kept on the lips to give a cooling effect to skin. It is helpful in getting rid of dark circles, dark skin and lips.
Lighten your lips naturally.
- In order to lighten dark lips complexion, rub lemon juice to it. Lemon juice acts as a natural skin cleanser clearing the dirt and dead skin cells and making it clean. Vitamin C in lemon is best known in cosmetics for its ability to get rid of dark skin. Rub lemon juice to lips two times a week to make it fair and glowing.
- Potatoes contain a naturally occurring enzyme called catecholase which helps to get rid of darkness from skin. Take a potato slice and rub it to your lips. Following this method everyday will lighten your dark lips making it pink.
- Cucumbers are one of the best skin friendly products that not only provides moisture, but also lightens skin tone. Keep slices of cold cucumber to your lips daily to make lips soft,smooth and get rid of dark skin.
- Aloe vera is a good natural product to lighten the complexion of lips. The reason to use aloe vera for lips is it is completely chemical free, moisturizes lip skin, repairs skin cells, fights against free radicals, stimulates and generates production of new skin cells. Apply this gel to lips for 30 minutes and then wash it with warm water.
- Olive oil contains vitamin E, antioxidants, and essential properties that help in keeping lips soft and moisturized. Apply olive oil to lips before going to sleep for getting rid of lip darkness and making it look red.
- Milk cream is rich in many moisturizing and skin lightening properties that that can lighten the dark colour of lips. Take some milk cream and keep it on lips for 15 minutes daily. This will make your lips pink and fair.
- You can use a papaya scrub to clean the dirt and darkness and make lips attractive. Papaya contains various skin whitening enzymes that help in removing the darkness from lips. Take little papaya paste and using a toothbrush slowly rub it to lips for 5 minutes and then let it dry. This removes the dead cells and skin impurities from the lips.
- Take some orange peels and make a paste of it. Now add orange juice to it and massage this paste to lips for 10 minutes. Acids and vitamin C in orange will wash away dirt on the lips giving lips a lighter tone.
Tips for lightening dark lips
- In order to make your lips fair these are some tips to be avoided. If you are a smoker then quit smoking. Nicotine present in cigarette is harmful for body and lips. Smoking result in collagen break up that damage skin cell.
- Avoid drinking hot tea or coffee. These hot drinks can harm your lips skin. Also, excessive consumption of tea and coffee leads to body dehydration, which causes lack of water levels in the body making lips dry and cracked.
- Avoid going out in hot sunny afternoons without applying sun protection creams to lips. These are some important things to make lips light.
- Wipe out your lipstick at night time and moisturize it thoroughly.
- Use a good brand lip product.
- Avoid licking your lips. Saliva makes our lips dry.