Home > SkinCare > How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles
One fast way to get rid of dark circles permanently is by taking eight hours of sleep and having a healthy diet. These tips can also be used by men to remove the dark circles under eyes. There are many creams available that claim to treat the darkness overnight, but you need to wait for at least a week.
Lack of vitamin causes dark circles
Lack of vitamins and minerals in body can be a reason for your under eye darkness. Deficiency of vitamin k and minerals like iron are a major cause for dark circles. Eat a healthy balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables to maintain vitamin-mineral level in body. Water is also important to keep body hydrated and moisturized. Dehydration is also a major reason for the formation of black circles under eye, so drink plenty of fluids every day.
Quit smoking to get rid of dark circles
Smokers often develop dark lips and black patches under eyes due to nicotine and other harmful chemicals present in cigarettes. Smoking splits up the collagen in skin leading to wrinkles and also produces matrix metalloproteinases which damages skin cells. The main reason you should avoid smoking is because when nicotine enters the body it makes the blood vessels thinner which reduces the blood circulation around eyes forming dark circles. Hence stop smoking immediately to get healthy skin and a long life.
Splash cold water to eyes
If your dark circles are due to stress or lack of sleep then cold water is the solution to keep eyes fresh and stress-free. After constantly working or playing on computers, watching television and reading, splash cold water to your eyes. This will relax your eyes and is the best precaution for dark circles.
Do some eye exercises
Remember to take breaks in your work and follow these eye exercises to keep eye muscles relaxed.
- Blinking eyes multiple times helps eyes to regain the lost moisture.
- Rotate your eyeballs in circular direction for 5 minutes.
- Wash your eyes with cold water and then keep it closed for 2 minutes.
- Rub both your hands against one another for two minutes and keep these warm hands on both your eyes.
Reduce stress to remove dark circles.
Inadequate sleep leads to blocking of blood vessels under eyes which leads to dark black circles under eyes. Daily hard work, especially for people working with laptops and computers makes our eyes tired, that tend to reduce skin elasticity around eyes. At least 8 hours sleep is required to keep body relaxed and away from stress.
For people working on computers or some reading books, it is advised to take a break every hour. If your eyes are feeling tired splash cold water to make it fresh and relaxed.
Visit a dermatologist to treat your allergies
Some allergies also causes puffiness and leads to darkness around eyes. Hence treat your allergies as fast as possible to stop further skin discolouration. For this case consult a dermatologist for some medical prescription to quickly treat your allergies.
How to get rid of dark circles naturally
- Keep cucumber slices to relax eyes. Cucumbers are a good source of vitamin A, C and K that helps to repair skin cells, lighten dark circles and moisturize skin. Cucumbers are very effective to get rid of dark circles and eye redness. Take a cucumber and remove its peel, now cut it into thick slices and keep in refrigerator for sometime. Keep this on your eyes for 10 minutes to reduce the stress on eyes keeping it relaxed and fresh. Repeat it twice a day for a week to remove dark circles and make your face look beautiful.
- Potato is one of the best way to remove dark circles under eyes. Starch, vitamins, minerals and enzymes in potato help to improve skin complexion, lighten dark circles and acne scars. Like cucumber cut potato into slices and keep the cool slices on eyes for 15 minutes. Another method is to grate a potato and apply its juice to dark skin. Repeat it twice or thrice daily for a week to erase all the darkness from skin.
- Apply aloe vera gel to your dark skin. Aloe gel has skin lightening properties,vitamin E,vitamin C plus antioxidants that removes the wrinkles around eyes and lightens the under eye darkness. Aloe vera gel contains various nutrients, compounds and healing properties, hence its extracts are used in dark circles removal products.
Mix little orange juice to aloe gel and apply it to your dark under eye skin. Let it remain for 15 minutes and wash it. In case of eye contact immediately wash your eyes with cold water. Repeat this method daily to quickly get rid of dark circles under eyes.
- Natural oils like olive oil, almond oil and coconut oil are considered to be a great remedy for removing darkness from skin. Mix all these oils together and apply it to your dark circles. Leave it overnight and wash it in the morning. Keeping it for the entire night means giving more time for these oils to work. After a week it will not only lighten the dark circles, but also remove puffiness and wrinkles around eyes.
- Sandalwood and turmeric mixture for dark skin. Sandalwood and turmeric are widely being used in Asia as a skin lightener. Mix the two ingredients together and add rose water to it. Apply this paste to your dark circles and prevent it from entering your eyes. Let the mixture dry on your skin and then with cold water wash it. You can use this remedy on face for making it fair and glowing.
- Milk cream contains skin lightening agents like vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and enzymes that removes the dark patches from skin making it look more young and beautiful. Take milk cream and add rose water to it. Apply it to your skin and and prevent contact with eyes. Let it rest on your dark circles for 15 minutes and then rinse it using cold water. Another helpful remedy is to mix honey to milk cream and then use it to get rid of dark circles.
- One best remedy to lighten the skin under eyes is by using lemon juice on it. Take lemon juice and add equal quantity of water to it. Now take a cotton ball, dip it in the lemon solution and steadily apply it to the dark skin. Take care that the lime juice does not enter your eyes because it can cause inflammation. This is the best home remedy to get rid of dark circles, but remember to use it properly.