Home > SkinCare > How To Get Rid Of Oily Skin On Face
One best way to get rid of oily skin on face fast is by following a proper skin care routine. To remove oils permanently from face buy good skin cleansing products and oil free moisturizers. Naturally made home remedies using lemon, baking soda, gram flour are also effective to get rid of greasy face. These tips are helpful for both men and women to make skin problem-free in a week.
- Steaming is considered to be a very effective technique for cleaning the oils and dirt from skin pores on face. The first step for steaming is to boil hot water and take it in a bowl. Now take a towel and cover your head with it and allow the steam to pass to your face. Prevent contact of skin with hot water as it can burn your skin. As the steam makes a contact with skin, it makes it softer and easier for you to get rid of oily skin.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week to get rid of excess sebum from the skin. Steam your face before you exfoliate for deep facial cleansing and getting better results. This is a very helpful technique used to unclog pores that are full of impurities. Since more dirt sticks to your oily skin, hence buy a good exfoliating product that can easily remove the oils present on your skin.
- Moisture is an important step when dealing with such skin problem. Lack of moisture makes skin dry. This makes our body to produce more moisture on the skin. Also, after you exfoliate remember to moisturize to prevent skin from becoming dry. When dealing with oily skin, it is advised to buy oil free moisturizer. Such moisturizers have the ability to moisturize skin without making the skin greasy.
- Exercise daily for about 30 minutes for making skin free from oils. While we exercise our sweat glands become active. This sweat comes to skin via pores washing away the dirt and oils from pores and making your face look beautiful. Also try some facial exercise for improving circulation of blood to the skin. In the morning, take your hands and gently rub it around your face. Another method is to take an ice and move it over your face. These methods will quickly fix your many skin problems.
- Stress is a common reason for making skin oily. Lack of sleep, office tensions, family tensions are some of the common causes of stress. This condition causes increase in the oil producing hormones in body and also makes skin look old. Hence try medication, yoga, exercises or watch some comedy movie to stay happy and have a fresh looking skin.
- Remove makeup before going to sleep to prevent your skin from pimples. Makeup can prevent oils from coming to skin and hence these oils get locked into the pores which can cause pimples. Hence, properly remove makeup, wash your face with cold water and apply a moisturizer to skin before going to sleep.
Get rid of oily face naturally
- Lemon is the most widely used natural product for removing greasy oils from skin. This natural skin cleanser contains citric acid plus vitamin C that makes skin oil free and fairer looking. Cut one lemon and extract its juice. Now dilute it with water and apply this diluted juice to your skin. With your fingers, rub it gently all over face and then wash face with cold water. If it causes burning of the skin, then wash it immediately, add more water to the solution and then repeat the above method. This home remedy will remove oils and moisture from skin making it dry. Hence remember to provide adequate moisture to prevent build up of more oils.
- Gram Flour is also a helpful remedy in getting rid of excess oils on the face. Add little rose water to gram flour and make a paste of it. First step is to apply this paste to your face and rub in circular motion for five minutes. Now take some rest and allow the paste to dry. After drying wash your face with cold water. Gram flour soaks the oils from our skin, making your skin fresh and less greasy.
- Aloe vera gel is very effective in reducing the grease from the skin. This gel is rich in antioxidants, moisture, and skin cleansing extracts that makes it a good natural face cleanser. This method is very simple and gives better results quickly. Extract the gel of aloe vera and apply it to your face. Keep it for 20 minutes and then wash it with water. You can also buy aloe vera skin cleansing products for getting rid of the sticky oils on skin.
- Baking soda is also a good item for cleaning the dirt on face. This method is same as we used the gram flour, but instead of adding rose water simply add normal water and use it for your skin.
- Apples are considered to work well for cleaning dirt from skin. Add a few drops of lemon juice to apple paste and apply it to your face. Keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse it using cold water.
- Cucumbers remove excess oils from face without making skin dry. Cucumbers should be used for oily and sensitive skin type. Since cucumbers have the property of cooling it can be a better option against lemon for sensitive skin.
- Grind some orange peels and add orange juice to it. Apply this paste on face and keep cucumbers on eyes. Let this scrub dry and then use warm water to clean it from the skin. This will remove the excess oils and impurities from skin, making face glowing and oil free. Now you need to apply a non comedogenic moisturizer to prevent build up of more oils on skin.
- Papaya scrub also works best for removing the excess oils and dirt from skin. Make a paste of papaya and use it as an oil removal facial pack. Enzymes present in papaya will make your skin clean and clear. Before using this pack perform steaming technique to make this remedy more effective.
- Vinegar can be added to water and used for washing face. Since vinegar is anti-septic and has astringent properties this home remedy can remove the excess oils and dirt from face also killing the acne causing bacteria keeping skin healthy.
- Healthy diet is also very important to make skin oil free. Although it is not proven that oily food causes oils on skin, but as a precaution you should avoid such foods for keeping the body and skin healthy. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables to provide nourishment to our skin.
Tips to get rid of oily skin permanently
- Avoid taking very hot water baths to prevent stripping of oils from body. This makes our skin dry and then our body produces more moisture that can make your skin oily.
- Wash your face just two or three times a day. Over washing is also a major reason that makes skin oily.
- Use good quality skin products that are free from chemicals. Applying such chemical products can also make your skin sticky.
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water to keep body hydrated and for washing away oils from body and helping you to get rid of it.