The best way to get rid of rosacea redness from face quickly is by following a good treatment from a doctor. Naturally used home remedies like vinegar, aloe vera, green tea, neem, olive oil and chamomile tea are also helpful but may take some time, hence patience is required.
Before we discuss how to treat rosacea? First of let me tell you what it is?
Rosacea is very common skin disease with people residing in European country. This disease mostly affects age group of 30 to 50. It causes redness of your nose, chin, cheeks and forehead. Even some people get pimples on the red part of their face. Rosacea can cause soreness and burning in your eyes.
Causes of rosacea
Till now, one is sure that what cause rosacea. If we ask people suffering from this problem what it is than they tell it’s something that irritates the skin but it’s not infection caused by bacteria. People who have fair skin is tend to affect with rosacea. Even sometimes its heredity and it seems to run in families.
Rosacea is not at all caused by alcohol. But yes if people suffering from this diseases drinks alcohol then situation may get worse.
It is often worse when something causes the blood vessels present in face to expand and causes redness. The things that go worse in this disease are called triggers.
Common triggers are sun, exercises and wind exposure, stress, hot weather, spicy food, hot baths and alcohol. When temperature changes it may even cause rosacea.
Major symptoms of rosacea are as follow:
- Red, flushed face with reddish bumps on skin
- Dry skin which may sting or burn
- Skin that gets thicker and coarser, with some bumpy texture on face
- Red, dry and irritated eyes
Symptoms and its treatment.
Redness and breakouts – low dose antibiotics like doxycycline and skin cream which contain metronizadole or azelaic acid
Redness because of tiny blood vessels – laser treatment and light treatment called intense pulsed light
Sensitive and dry skin – moisturizer and sunscreen
Red, dry and irritated eyes – artificial tears or eye drops prescribed by doctor who will contain medicine like cyclosporine.
Bumpy skin on dace or nose or thickened – cosmetic surgery
Visit a dermatologist for expert rosacea treatment.
When you visit to doctor, he may prescribe you treatment or medicines for rosacea. Medication is no cure for rosacea but with treatment, most of the people has controlled their symptoms and try to keep disease from getting worse.
- Etronidazole – you can get this in the form of cream or gel. You need to apply this cream or gel at least one or two times in a day. This cream helps you to treat with rosacea. If you have spots or red lumps on your face then this cream works wonderful. There is no side effect of this cream. You need to apply this for at least 1 month to get best result. Avoid this cream in contact with eyes or mouth.
- Azelaic acid – If you had applied Metronidazole and have not seen any result then your doctor may prescribe you this medical treatment. This will unblock pores and works wonderful on your skin. This cream does not have any side effect on your skin. You won’t feel burning, irritation and dry skin. This cream will take some time to cure rosacea.
- Antibiotics – If you have moderate rosacea and or you may feel like it is becoming worse. When you visit to your doctor at that time, he may prescribe you antibiotics which will help to reduce inflammation and redness. Your doctor may prescribe anti biotic for 6 to 12 tablet in a week.
- Pulsed light treatment – If your blood vessels are visible and want to get rid of rosacea, then you may ask your doctor about IPL (Pulsed light treatment). This treatment is bit costly. In this treatment in one session your treatment will not end. Your dermatologist will ask you to come 2 to 6 times depending upon your problem. In this treatment a tiny beam is aimed at your blood vessels on your face. The heat which comes from light will damage the blood vessels and your spot will become enlarged and will cause them skink first and then slowly it will disappear. With this treatment your damaged blood vessels won’t cause rosacea again. It will permanently disappear. But many people stay away from this treatment as it is most expensive way to treat with rocasea.
Don’t let situation go worse. Visit to your doctor and get proper treatment done.
Best ways to get rid of rosacea naturally.
- Apply aloe vera gel on the affected skin dry. However, you first need to ensure that that you are not allergic to this plant. Therefore, you should place a drop on the wrist of the hand and if skin becomes red, should not be used.
- Another option is green tea. In a small study presented at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology found that a cream containing green tea may relieve the symptoms of rosacea. If you cannot find a cream with green tea you can try green tea compresses. But you should always make an allergy test before using the pads.
- Mix 1/2 cup water and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Apply to face with cotton ball. Because of its astringent action, it is advisable to clean the face and the affected part. We recommend applying diluted vinegar before bed to remove any residue that favors the appearance of rosacea. Apple cider vinegar is also used orally as a home remedy for rosacea. It is believed to stimulate the release of digestive enzymes that help normalize the bacterial balance in the stomach.
- Mix neem leaves to water and let it boil for 15 minutes. After the water cools remove the oils from this water and use this cool neem water for rinsing affected skin.
- Olive oil is an effective remedy to get rid of red skin patches. This natural oil has both antibacterial and astringent properties, plus its assets penetrate the skin to hydrate and moisturize. It should be massaged with a couple of drops in the affected area.
- Dip a towel in cold water and put it over your face to constrict blood vessels and stop the inflammatory process.
- You can also put some chamomile tea for treating rosacea. Put 2 or 3 tea bags in hot water. Let stand for 10 minutes and then put it into the refrigerator. When cooled take a clean cloth, dip it in this tea and place on the affected area. Another remedy is to add some dried chamomile flowers to water and let it boil for ten minutes. Strain and let it cool. Rub the liquid on your face daily with a cotton ball.