With exfoliation, moisturizing as well as fairness skin creams it is possible to lighten dark neck. Home remedies like potatoes, aloe vera, honey, baking soda and lemon are also mentioned.
The first greatest way to tackle a neck that is darker than the rest of your body is using a high end skin lightening cream. There are plenty of over the counter options available, read the product breakdown however and avoid things like hydroquinone, look for things like kojic acid in your skin lightener of choice. There are plenty of home remedies also available that if used on a regular basis can greatly help to lighten dark neck. The following tips can be beneficial for both women and men.
- Make sure you wash your neck area at least three times daily.
- Exfoliation is another important step. Steam your neck area as this loosens all the dirt and grime stuck in the pores and then use a good exfoliant to scrub away all the dirt and dead skin.
- Always remember to moisturize.
- Apply a good skin lightening cream to the affected area.
Home remedies to lighten dark neck
- Lemon juice is a great natural skin lightener. Lemons are very high in Vitamin C which greatly lightens the skin tone. It also helps loosen up the dead skin cells and aids in removing them so that clearer and brighter skin can shine through from underneath. Vitamin C also helps in producing much needed collagen which repairs everyday damage done to the skin. Lemons also have a very large Vitamin E content, which provides the much needed moisture.
- Another natural skin lightener is cucumber. Cut the cucumber and form a paste, then apply it to the affected area. Let it dry for twenty minutes before washing it off with cold water. Cucumbers are very refreshing and gentle on your skin and are great for people with sensitive skin.
- Oranges also have very high vitamin C content, both the fruit and the peel. Grind up dried orange peels and add some juice to make a paste. Apply this on the affected area, wash off with cold water after it dries
- Make a paste with turmeric and rose water. Apply the paste and wash off after it dries. Turmeric really helps in getting glowing and even tones skin.
- Aloe vera gel is a power house of antioxidants. If applied religiously on a daily basis it will greatly help in cell turnover and repair. Apply the gel on your neck and let it dry and you will start seeing results soon.
- Make a paste with crushed strawberries and crushed papaya. Apply this paste on the neck, let dry for 20 minutes or so before washing off with cold water. The main enzyme in papaya is papain, this greatly helps in getting rid of dead cells and also speeds up rate of cell turnover, ensuring that brighter and whiter skin can come through. Strawberries are also natural skin whiteners.
- Another important step is prevention and protection. Remember to apply a good sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, and use it 20 minutes before stepping out of the house. Also try and wear protective clothing like high neck tshirts to protect the skin from direct sunlight.
- Potato juice is another great natural skin lightener. Potatoes contain an enzyme called catecholase, which is the main active skin lightening ingredient. Apply potato juice and massage it onto your neck. Leave it to dry for 15 minutes before washing off with cold water.
- Make a daily face scrub out of gram flour and water. Mix the two together to form a paste, apply it on to the neck and massage for five minutes before letting it dry on its own. Once dry wet your hands and scrub off the paste. Wash off with cold water and follow up with moisturizer. This greatly aids in combating dark skin cells and helping to regenerate new ones.
- Make a mixture out of oats, honey, and milk. Apply this mixture and use it instead of your daily scrub. It will greatly help in getting rid of sun tan and will also soothe any sun burs that you may have.
- Make a paste out of baking soda and rose water. Apply this mixture to the affected area and use it as a scrub. This is a highly effective method for combatting sun tanning and darkness in the neck area.
These are some of the most popular and most effective home remedies with which you can get fair neck.
Additional important tips for a fairer neck
- Dry brush your skin using a body brush with soft bristles. This will get rid of all dead skin and help in regeneration of new skin.
- Invest in a good antioxidant cream and use it regularly. This will help in repairing the skin and will also boost the effects of your sunscreen and moisturizer.
- If nothing else works, please consult your dermatologist.
With these precautionary measures and treatments you will finally be able to lighten dark neck and make it fair. But in case if you see no change in the colour of your skin then my advice is to visit a skin specialist.