Applying special creams for underarm lightening is the best way to make the armpit skin look clean and fair. To lighten dark underarms at home you need to clean it regularly using soap and then provide moisture. Also once a week exfoliate skin with a scrub or use naturally made home remedies like honey, olive oil, potato and cucumber.
One problem some have is that your underarm area is a bit darker than the other body skin. The problem with this is that it can become self-conscious about the problem, especially when wearing clothing that exposes the underarm area, which is a bit too dark. There are some techniques you can use that will help you make this part of your body a little lighter.
Regularly clean your underarm skin
The first thing you can do is wash the underarm area daily while taking showers. Using some good soap will get rid of dead skin around the armpit. Dark skin is usually an accumulation of dead skin cells that causes the darker color. It is important to clean the armpits while bathing properly with a sponge to remove impurities. You should wash your underarms properly, so that you can ensure that all skin impurities that are making your underarms dark are eliminated. With proper cleaning, you will notice the lightened armpits within a week.
Plan not to shave your skin
Stop shaving and start waxing armpits. Shaving only removes hair on the surface of skin and not the ones under skin. Waxing on the other hand, guarantees the entire hair strand is pulled out. With less hair under the skin, armpits appear clearer and white. If you still want to go for shaving then use a shaving cream or gel every time you shave. Shaving without this can irritate the skin and cause the scar over time.
Buy skin lightening creams
After your daily wash apply a skin lightening cream to whiten your underarm area. These creams are packed with vitamin C, peptides and special skin lightening enzymes than remove the darkness from armpits. Buy one the best product from the store and use it daily for getting relief from this skin problem.
Exfoliate your underarm skin
Make a weekly exfoliation in the affected areas to remove dead cells and leave residues that can accumulate over time. Buy a scrub with salicylic acid or glycolic acid and follow the procedure described by that product. This will wash away the impurities and make skin look clean and fair.
Skin moisturizing creams
After every wash remember to apply skin moisturizer to prevent skin from drying. Use of such vitamin E moisturizing creams will keep skin smooth. After you exfoliate or wash skin, moisture is removed and hence it is important to provide hydration to skin.
If nothing works consult a doctor
Sometimes a darker problem is actually armpits fungal problem. You may need to see a doctor and get a proper cream that can be applied to the area. This will help to change the color of the area and improve things for you. Fight fungal infections with creams or pills only prescribed by your dermatologist.
Tips to cure dark underarms
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes to prevent friction underarms and prevent it from darkening.
- Switch to an antiperspirant rather than a deodorant to avoid the toxic chemicals that could cause skin discoloration. If you are a deodorant user try using deodorants that do not contain alcohol.
- If your skin is wet for too long it can lead to darker skin. Dry the area and improve to dark spots. Maintain proper hygiene in the area and always clean well and dry armpits.
Home remedies to lighten underarms
- Rubbing lemon juice to underarms is one of the most effective ways to clarify the armpits, as lemon has natural bleaching properties. Apply some before bathing and then wash. After taking bath apply moisturizer to soften the skin and do not use deodorant for a few days. Lemons are an old folk remedy for skin whitening. Apply lemon juice on the armpits with a cotton ball. You can also put lemon juice in a small spray bottle. Use lemon juice several times a day for faster whitening.
- Use vitamin E rich oils like coconut oil or olive oil for reducing the darkness of skin. These oils provide moisture required to skin and at the same time provides antioxidants that help skin to stay young and fair.
- To treat dark underarms you can make a paste with baking soda, add a little water to make it a paste and rub the armpits with it. This will remove dead cells responsible for dark underarms and open pores. As an alternative remedy you can first clean underarms with warm water and then apply baking soda. Use this remedy to get positive results for your skin.
- Yogurt acts as a disinfectant and refreshing addition to give the skin radiance and a really young look. Before applying it, you must clean your armpits with olive oil. For its preparation you need two tablespoons of plain yogurt, two tablespoons of glycerin and the juice of a small lemon, you applied daily befor
- When you need a natural product to exfoliate, sugar is the best remedy. Sugar can clean the dead skin and unclog pores which can help cell renewal. This preparation besides being bleaching, will act as exfoliate and moisturizer. You only need 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons of baking soda and lemon juice or grapefruit. Leave it in the area for 15 minutes and then rinse.
- The potato is a natural skin whitener with bleaching properties. Take a potato cut in half or grated potato and use it as soap for your armpits. We recommend you do this every day before sleeping or leave it for at least 15 minutes daily.
- The aloe vera gel is a globally used skin lightening remedy with antibacterial and antiseptic properties. This gel also has the ability to provide antioxidants and stimulate new cell generation. Cut an aloe vera leaf in half and apply the gel to underarms. Repeat this procedure for a few weeks. This gel can also be used to treat fungal skin infections.
- Cucumber is well known for its wealth of water, vitamin C and skin lightening properties. Apply cucumber pulp crushed directly on underarm skin and leave on for 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
- Apple cider vinegar has been used since ancient times as one of the natural remedies for skin care and heal. Apple cider vinegar is a natural acid that helps to remove and prevent the growth of bacteria, removes odor and also whitens. Just clean underarms once in the morning with vinegar
- Oatmeal Recipe: This recipe is an exfoliating cream and helps you to clarify armpits. To do this you will need oatmeal, lemon and honey. Mix them well to form a paste, put on this mix in the armpits for one hour and then rinse. You must repeat it twice a week.
- Make a mixture of rose water and sandalwood. Apply this to your armpits for 15 minutes before washing. This mixture not only reduces infections in the arms but also reduce the dark.
- To remove the layer of dirt and dead cells from skin you need a grated papaya. Leave this paste on skin and allow it to dry. Now use warm water to rinse your underarms. Enzymes present in papaya deeply clean the impurities from skin making it look fair.