Using naturally made home remedies from cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, honey and potato is a great way to lighten tanned skin fast. One tip you should remember to get rid of sun tan using natural remedies is that it takes time and hence patience is required.
- Cucumbers are rich in vitamin C which makes it one of the best home remedy for removing tan. Since it provides cooling sensation it can not only soothe sun tanned skin but also treat sunburns. Take paste of cucumber and add orange or lime juice to it. Massage this paste to your tanned skin for 10 minutes and then wash skin with lukewarm water. In case you have sensitive skin type then just rub cucumber slices to your affected skin.
- Make a paste of rose petal and add milk cream to it. Now apply it to skin on a daily basis to get positive results against tan. Milk cream is a source of many vitamins and minerals that will make your skin fair and glowing.
- Olive oil has special powers that can rejuvenate the tanned skin and make it white and soft. The high content of vitamin E provides lots of moisture to skin that can help to repair damaged skin. Take olive oil and apply it to skin and keep it for 20 minutes before washing it.
- High content of citric acid and vitamin C in lemon juice make it one of the best natural skin bleach for getting fair and clear skin. Extract the lemon juice and add few water drops to dilute the solution. Applying lemon juice directly can cause inflammation and hence it is important to dilute it with water. Use this diluted lime juice on affected skin and leave it for drying. This is one of the best home remedy to remove tan from skin.
- Avocado and oats paste can be used to provide soothing and softening properties to skin. While oats are considered to be as beauty enhancers, avocado are rich in vitamin A that help in removing the dead cell layer from skin. Apply the avocado and oat mixture to your tan and let it stay for 30 minutes. Using this natural remedy daily will lighten your tan within two weeks.
- Sandalwood and turmeric provides skin with fairness and anti-aging benefits which can be used to whiten skin tone. Mix both the ingredients together and add little water to it. Now apply this paste daily to tanned skin to make skin young and glowing.
- Papaya is a popular cure for removing tan and impurities from skin. Mash half papaya and rub it over the tan for 15 minutes. This removes the dead cell layer above skin making it look bright and fresh.
- Tomatoes contain high percentage of antioxidants which are effective in restoring the normal skin tone. The properties in tomato juice help in lightening the pigmented skin. Make a juice of tomato and apply it to skin and allow it to dry. Regular use can help you to get rid of tan quickly.
- Almond oil provides a variety of benefits to skin it shield skin against sun, rejuvenate skin cells and provide moisture making skin soft and healthy. Daily massage almond oil to tanned skin for 20 minutes and then use warm water for rinsing.
- Aloe vera helps in reversing the damage caused by the harmful rays from sun. This gel provides antioxidants and enzymes to skin that help in removing the dark tanned skin. Take fresh aloe gel from its leaf and apply it to your dark patches. After 20 minutes use cold water to clean the gel from skin.
- Potatoes are popular for its natural skin lightening and cleansing properties. Grate one small potato and apply this paste to your tanned skin for 20 minutes daily. The vitamin C in potatoes help to build collagen that repairs the damages skin. This remedy can also be used to treat sunburns, dark spots, acne scars and to get a fair skin complexion.
- Baking soda can be used to treat both sunburn and suntan. Add warm water to baking soda and use this paste for removing the dark tan from skin. Rubbing baking soda paste will also scrub out the dead cell, oils and other skin impurities and make face attractive.
- Vinegar is a natural astringent for removing dirt and darkness from skin. Take a cup and fill it half with vinegar. Now add water and fill the cup. Soak a small piece of cloth to this vinegar solution and keep it on suntan for 30 minutes. This will naturally whiten your dark skin and make it fair and smooth.
- Honey is a natural antiseptic of treating skin infections and its moisturizing properties keep skin hydrated and soft. You can massage honey to skin for 10 minutes and then wash it. Repeat it twice a day for erasing the tan from skin.
These are some of the best home remedies to lighten tanned skin naturally, but if these treatments fail in solving your problem then you can opt for anti- tanning products. And one thing I want you to keep in mind is that at the time of the treatment, follow the basic precautions like staying in shade during the peak sun hours.